Saturday, September 19, 2009

Blog 1

The Allegory of the Cave, is an allegory used by Plato. He imagines a group of people who have lived chained in a cave. I believe that I'm just coming out from Socrates cave and I'm just walking into the light. The reason I say that I'm in this stage is because I'm seeing things clearer than they were before. When I was chained in the cave everything was handed to me, I didn't have to work because my parents gave me everything I wanted. Everything was easy for me, I didn't have to worry about work or bills, cash wasn't an issue. Now that I'm walking into the light which is reality, I have to work so I could pay my bills, get food and pay my tuition for school. I didn't think that the real world was hard and tiring. I saw things differently when I was in the cave and I wasn't prepared to walk into the light. Going to school is another step into the light because I want to become something in life, so I could be ready for the challenges. Walking into the light is a long walk and little by little as I'm approaching the light I will learn and see reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment